9.29.2011

DIY Under-bed Storage


I've been meaning {for years!} to buy some storage drawers to slide under the boy's beds, but most options seemed to be either prohibitively expensive, unsightly, or both. So when I saw this DIY idea from Better Homes and Gardens, I had to give it a try. I purchased a few mismatched drawers from my local ReStore, slapped some paint, casters and fresh knobs on them, and voila! Rolling under-bed storage!


Here's the cost breakdown: 

Drawers: $2 each
Rolling Casters: $3 each {for 8, this was the most expensive part of the project}
Knobs: $1 each {except for the Anthro one I already had}
Paint: already had on hand
Cork Shelf Liner: left-over from organizing the pantry

Total: $32 for both.


I love them. They roll smoothly, look expensive, and work perfectly. I plan to make some for Little Miss C's bed as well. :)




6 comments:

Kristina said...

What an awesome idea! Now I'm itching to do my own. You were able to buy just drawers by themselves? I guess that's a ReStore specialty, eh? I've never seen just drawers at a Good Will before.

Crys said...

This is fantastic

merelyLooking said...

Ohmigosh, these are so cool! Stunning.

MelancholySmile said...

Yes, homeless drawers are a ReStore specialty. You can google 'recycled building supplies' to find a similar place near you. Ours were originally kitchen drawers and I just removed the metal glides.

Apis Melliflora said...

You have a real skill at finding then executing really cool DIY ideas. There's got to be a name for that skill.

Unknown said...

Wonderful way to use a potentially-wasted space.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...